In this video, I attempt to make delicious french madeleines! This is the first video in an ongoing series of creative experiments and improvements. Why not work in my video skills while I work on my cooking skills?
Source: Morse, Barbara Feldman. Madeleines (p. 32). Quirk Books. Kindle Edition.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract*
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat 350 degrees F.
- Melt the stick of butter in a microwave-safe dish or measuring cup for about 1 minute. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the baking powder and flour in a small bowl
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix by hand or with a mixer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the flour baking powder mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- Mix in the butter
- Add the vanilla. Mix batter until smooth.
- Spray or oil the madeleine pan (or whatever pan you are using). Fill the molds until full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pans from the oven. Take baked madeleines out of the pan and let them cool.
- Enjoy delicious madeleines with a cup of TEA!
For more info on this video go to https://stephanhughes.com/?p=2307